Gregg is a researcher at Adobe Systems, Incorporated. He received his Ph.D. in theoretical physics from the University of California, Los Angeles under the guidance of Julian Schwinger. He has been working for over ten years at Adobe to bring a bit of science and technology to bear upon improving the software tools used by photographers, artists and other Adobe product users.
His first job in science was working for RDA, an offshoot of the Rand Corporation. The most memorable part of the work was the weekly windsurfing lessons in Marina del Rey, California taught by Jim Drake, co-inventor of the windsurfer. While not in the water, he has also worked at RDA, IBM and Logicon on various projects in semiconductor physics, image processing and enhancement, image understanding, data analysis and artificial intelligence.
- Photoshop Extract
- Photoshop Art History Brush
- Photoshop Elements Color Cast Correction
- Photoshop Elements Redeye Removal
- Photoshop Elements Auto and Adjust Smart Fix
- Photoshop Quick Selection Tool
- Photoshop Elements Smart Brush
- After Effects Inner/Outer Key
- Photoshop Elements Crop and Straighten
- Photoshop Elements Visual Search
- Photoshop Shadow/ Highlight
- Photoshop Elements Skin Tone Color Adjustment
- Photoshop Refine Edge
- Kuler Image Extract
*Note: A number of these projects were done in collaboration with Scott Cohen, Jeff Chien, Sara Kong, Michael Schuster and others.