Balaji Vasan Srinivasan is a principal scientist in Adobe Research focused on next generation technologies for enabling several content creation workflows. His current areas of research include multimodal content understanding, autogeneration of single-page graphic design, automatic translations of content across different modalities and informing content autogeneration with user-behavior data. In the past, he has worked on problems in text mining, social data analytics, high performance computing, scalable machine learning and speaker recognition. He has published several papers published in top NLP, Vision, HCI and AI conferences; and has several issued patents in related areas.
Balaji completed his Ph.D. in computer science at the University of Maryland in September 2011. His thesis was on Scalable Learning Methods for Speaker Recognition and Geostatistics. He completed his M.S. in electrical engineering from University of Maryland in 2008 and B.E. in electrical engineering from Anna University (India) in 2006. His work experience includes research internships at National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD (May – Aug 2007) and Xerox Research Center, Webster, NY (May – Aug 2011).
- PC Co-chair: 4th ACM India Joint International Conference on Data Science & Management of Data, 2022;
- Proceedings Co-Chair: 3rd ACM India Joint International Conference on Data Science & Management of Data, 2021;
- Tutorial Track Co-Chair: 2nd ACM India Joint International Conference on Data Science & Management of Data, 2020;
- Industry Track Co-Chair: 4th ACM IKDD Conference on Data Science, 2017;
- Demo & Exhibits Co-Chair: 9th International Conference on COMmunication Systems & NETworkS (COMSNETS), 2017;
- Data Challenge Co-Chair: 3rd ACM IKDD Conference on Data Science, 2016;
- Proceedings Co-Chair: 2nd ACM IKDD Conference on Data Science, 2015
- Area Chair @ AAAI
- PC Member at multiple Vision/Language/AI conferences including AAAI, IJCAI, ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, INLG, WACV.